Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility.
All children and young people linked with Reviv, wherever they are, whoever they are with, whatever they are doing, have the right to protection from neglect, physical emotional and sexual abuse.
All members of the public, as well as professionals, have a responsibility for the protection of children and reporting concerns about a child’s welfare or safety.
Reviv ensures statutory requirements concerning Disclosure and Barring Service checks are met, maintains an up to date Safeguarding Policy and procedures, and provides safeguarding training to all staff and volunteers.
All Reviv staff and volunteers who come into contact with the children, young people and their families will:
- Be able to identify potential indicators of abuse or neglect
- Have read the Safeguarding Policy
- Know their role and responsibilities within their team
- Know how to communicate and record concerns
- Know to act upon concerns in line with the principles and procedures for local child protection management and Working Together to Safeguard Children
Therefore, all children and young people in contact with Reviv will:
- Be treated with respect and afforded full civil and legal rights
- Be listened to and taken seriously, whatever their level of development or communication
- Be given time to do things for themselves, to understand and be understood
- Be involved in decisions that affect them
- Have their privacy respected at all times and in all places
- Have a right to confidentiality – all information about them will be treated carefully, be kept safe and only shared with those people who need to know
The wellbeing of the child is the paramount consideration in all circumstances.
Follow us on social media for the latest stories, volunteer opportunities, and events!
We earned a 2021 Gold Seal of Transparency! Learn more about our organization's impact through our #NonprofitProfile on @CandidDotOrg.
Effective through August 1, Reviv will not be receiving new family referrals so we are able to give our current families the best care and support we are capable of. The Reviv Room is open and we welcome you to visit! July 17 families are invited to attend Gold Star's All-Star Family Day to benefit Reviv. If you are interested in registering for this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for understanding, grace, and patience as we grow to best support families.